Bank Jobs Islamabad 2021: Export-Import Bank of Pakistan is a unique and specialized institution being set up by the Government of Pakistan to support the growth of exports and to undertake import substitution projects. The Bank is expected to commence its operations soon and is looking for Law Officer, And Procurement Expert (One 12-Month Contractual Position) based in Islamabad.
|Organization||Export-Import Bank of Pakistan|
|Qualification||LAW degree, Bachelors degree in Business administration|
|Experience||10 Years relevant experience|
|Job type||1 Permanent, and another contract based|
|Newspaper||Dawn Newspaper Jobs|
Law Officer Professional Qualification and Experience
Bachelors Degree in Law from HEC recognized universities/institutes with at least 10 years similar experience at a financial institution or a reputable corporate law firm. Candidates having relevant higher qualifications will be preferred. Key Responsibilities: Key responsibilities of the incumbent will include, but not limited to, the following.
- Providing legal advice and support to senior management and business functions to ensure that legal implications of business decisions and transactions are appropriately considered the banks operations are compliant with applicable laws.
- Drafting and reviewing standardized agreements or documentation of the Bank in order to ensure that the Bank’s interests are protected and legal risk is minimized.
- Reviewing and providing legal opinions on all policies, products and procedures that are being developed by the Bank to ensure that these are in accordance with the policies of the Bank and legal and regulatory requirements.
- Providing advice and assistance to the Investigation Division and HR Department of the Bank in respect of employee-related matters on a case by case basis to ensure that such matters are dealt with within the parameters of the policies of the Bank and applicable laws.
- Dealing with proceedings before the State Bank of Pakistan, the Banking Mohtasib. the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan and all tribunals constituted by the Federal and Provincial Governments to ensure that the interests of the Bank are protected and legal risk is minimized.
- Ensuring that cases are filed against delinquent / defaulter customers with an objective to recover bank money and defending the cases filed against the bank by customers/others to secure its reputation.
- Liaising with Business / Litigation Centers / Advocates and External Agencies.
- Maintaining MIS on litigation cases, monitoring and evaluation of the performance of an approved panel of advocates in line with Centralized Legal Policy and providing information to the concerned business functions to effectively handle ensure compliances towards court orders and administrative requirements related to litigation affairs.
- Recruit and manage lawyers to ensure that the legal department works effectively and efficiently in accordance with the policies of the Bank and engage external counsel for expert advice on specialized mailers.
- Ensure that all payments are made to external legal counsels either as per schedule of bank or approval granted as well as court expenses/charges are paid to progress litigation and also ensure that such expenses are within the allocated budget of the bank.
- Develop an electronic database for the legal and litigation department and identify other opportunities to contribute to organizational and departmental improvement.
- Undertake the responsibilities and duties of Secretary to the Board of Directors / Corporate Affairs of the Bank as required under the Companies Act 2017 and required by EXIM management.
Procurement Expert Professional Qualification
- This is 12-Month Contract based job vacancy. Bachelors Degree with 16 years of education in Business Administration/Finance/Commerce / Procurement Engineering from HEC recognized universities/institutes. Masters’s Degree holder will be preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of post-qualification experience in dynamic public / private sector organizations with minimum 3 years in the areas of procurement management.
- Thorough understanding of PPRA Rules and experience in its applications. Proficiency in Multilateral Development Institution’s procurement guidelines will be an asset.
- Proven analytical and evaluation skills including the ability to independently provide well-researched analysis of key procurement issues.